View Single Post
Old 11 December 2018, 04:32   #1
grelbfarlk

A4000 Busboard .brd

Hello,
Some googling didn't return me a result, so I'm wondering is there a replacement A4000 busboard design available somewhere in .brd format hopefully? I'm not sure if Acill's or Hese's replacement A4000 motherboard designs had a replacement busboard included, I didn't see them.

Reason I'm bringing this up, MBoehmer released his Prometheus Firestorm design supporting some commonly available CPLDs, which I believe are the XC95144XL which seem to be easily available and pretty cheap. http://www.e3b.de/prometheus/

So why not take the A4000 busboard, delete the ISA slots and extend the first or last Zorro slot out to the Prometheus board which is now inline with the backplane? (and taking place of the ISA slots)

For maximum stupid idea'edness put a PMC slot on the back of the busboard (on the PCI side) so the Rapture, Apocalypse or Ragnarok could sit behind the busboard next to the IDE/Floppy/CIA's in the A4000.

Hopefully someone can tell me why this is an impractical idea.

There is a license fee, the producer of such a board would have to send one to MBoehmer.

Page generated in 0.05640 seconds with 11 queries