View Single Post
Old 16 September 2020, 16:04   #13
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasix View Post
Then one day I just got sick of all of it. I had a suspicion the benefits of the internet were being far outweighed by the negatives. I realised it was another addiction
I completely understand you here my dude, 100%, but...

Quote:
By virtue of this post, you can see that I'm still here, on the internet.
I was going to comment on that, the Internet is pretty much unavoidable nowadays, but you can cut down on it a LOT really. Having a port open for Telnet access doesn't seem like it would distract you a lot.

Also I recommend accessing BBSes only on period-correct hardware. You won't be able to do any of the other modern Internet shit with them, and distractions disappear. I mostly log in to C64 BBSes, from my C64, and I *really* enjoy the feeling of doing that and THAT ONLY, it gets me into a special zone. No distractions, no bullshit, no time wasting. I also have an old Windows 98 PC that I use to access PC BBSes. Even if they have a browser, none of the modern sites work on them. And multitasking is hard with 32MB of RAM

With that said, thank you for running a BBS! And I hope you can reconsider the Telnet link so I could log in one day.

Page generated in 0.04280 seconds with 11 queries