View Single Post
Old 23 April 2016, 20:33   #8
Amiga_CDTV
Mind Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackbw View Post
I've finally gotten my 2000 with GVP accelerator up and running. Unfortunately, I think the accelerator is flakey sometimes, and it was driving me mad thinking that I had an installation error. I'm using an actual tape drive, so the installation process takes a long time. So reinstalling multiple times gets old by the third attempt.
Respectable mission, there must have been some -moments

Quote:
This time, in the .xinitrc I used xset fp+ /usr/X/lib/fonts/Xol (pointed to the default installation path for X11R4) and that worked just find. So no need to copy the directory.
I am a bit lost on where the files actually are after all the linked directories around the X installation but good to know that there is actually nothing missing, it just needs to be manually set.

Quote:
For user accounts other than route… I haven't done this myself, but from what I read, to operate X from other accounts, the home directory of those accounts must each have their own copy of XsvgaConfig in them, and as we're using open look, a .xinitrc file would also need to be in the account with the xset fp+… argument and olwsm. Also, in /etc/profiles, there are actually two PATH statements. one for the root account, and one to be used for other accounts.
I was indeed missing the second PATH statement, fixing that and copying the XsvgaConfig from root user fixed and now it works on regular user account, too.

Thanks again!

I added some of these tips to the Amix wiki's article on X11PicassoII so hopefully most of this will be available in one place.

Page generated in 0.05120 seconds with 11 queries