View Single Post
Old 28 October 2016, 17:15   #33
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
I'm not talking about a conspiracy But clearly by reading here and there, it just appears that not only it was pure capitalism, but not only that, the thing is teams just had this :

- "Ok guys you go for an 8 months deadline"

Then they create the assets on either C64/Speccy

- Next they spent a lot of time making the game great on those 2 machines, and finally, once it has to be ported on CPC, "ahaha the coder on CPC will only have 2 weeks to code it!".

In UK at least, the CPC was seen as junk. So most teams treated it as junk.
Are you sure about that?

I was not there myself, but all I get from the UK these days is extremely positive vibes regarding the CPC - just read any issue of Retro Gamer or look at the average UK retro channel on youtube - they all feature the CPC and all are talking about what a wonderful machine they felt is was back then.

If anything, I got more of an anti-C64 vibe from UK stuff I've seen (apart from the C64 press of course).

Quote:
You see, it was the same with the ST and the Amiga. Nobody can explain why a game like afterburner by activision was so rubbish on the Amiga.

It had to suit the ST ! Since this machine can't cope with lots of animation and big sprites, they went for the small and little road.

When you look at Afterburner US release, you see that the Amiga can deal very well with bigger sprites and graphic parts.

There was a will to focus on specific machines (coders was fanboys as well, they're human after all).
I personally don't feel any Amiga release of Afterburner was any good, but that's just me

Quote:
Yes, a great great port

the black outline ? what do you mean ?
I've attached a small image showing what I mean. And again, this is just my personal point of view - doesn't change that the port is great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cpc_pd_ball.png
Views:	209
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	50653  

Page generated in 0.06853 seconds with 12 queries