View Single Post
Old 16 September 2015, 11:44   #9
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Hi,

I have this Monitor in use for my C64 as well as Amiga at the same time, for many years.
Never had an issue with the display.
I have connected the Amiga via SCART (which also includes the 2x audio pins), and the C64 to the 2x chinch inputs for composite video & audio.

The big advantage in my opinion is that this monitor has a switch (button) to change between inputs on the front, so I can easily use it for both machines.
The only disadvantage I can think of is that it does not have a chroma/luma input for video, but just one composite input instead. However, I did not notice any big picture quality difference compared to a 1084 monitor connected with chroma/luma.

One thing I can think of:
Do you have the C64 and Amiga running at the same time ? There might be some issue in this case. I think I remember I also experienced this long long time ago, and solved it with another SCART cable.
I can imagine it is some grounding issue ?
However, I almost never have both running at the same time, anyway.

Nevertheless, I alsways need to turn colour saturation a bit down for C64 usage, and a bit up for Amiga usage, to have a good and not over saturated picture. Maybe this is what you mean ? I think it cannot be solved without adding some resistors to the cable or something.

Last edited by Overdoc; 16 September 2015 at 14:48.

Page generated in 0.04319 seconds with 11 queries