View Single Post
Old 18 January 2013, 21:25   #2824
paul1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
In that case, you'd probably have the same experience when installing the ACA620. All my new accelerators (ACA1220, ACA1232, ACA620) have large ceramic capacitors added to the VCC rail in order to be compatible with "slightly weak" capacitors on the mainboard. However, you can only do so much in that spot.

If the caps on the mainboard are not 100% OK, you'll experience blinking of the caps lock LED every now and then, keyboard won't work, or the computer will only start properly after a warmup-phase of a few minutes (black screen before that).

It's almost a miracle that our computers still work today. Electrolytic caps are the main reason why electronic devices only barely make it through the warranty period these days.

Jens
No, I have my ACA620 in an entirely different A600. I'd never install an expensive or rare card into a flaky A600.
Also which I forgot to mention, that flaky A600 also had a problem with video whereby the colour would intermittently flicker into black & white and sometimes other weird colours like purple and green etc....and the Kipper2k 4MB memory expansion fixed that as well as the instability.

Page generated in 0.04263 seconds with 11 queries