View Single Post
Old 05 November 2018, 21:39   #258
BSzili

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
@BSzili:

3.X is just a downgrade of 3.5/3.9, nothing was updated or recompiled, as pointed out by Daedalus and admitted by Cloanto themselves at http://www.amigaforever.com/kb/15-107

They just took OS3.9 and deleted some parts and replaced others with obsolete versions, that's nothing that the community should be grateful for. It just causes trouble for developers and users, eg.: I get bug reports from users of my applications who are running OS3.X; the issue turns out to be buggy obsolete versions of OS components that Cloanto provide, whereas the bugs have already been fixed 18 years ago.

>Also were they approached by Thor and Olsen to release 3.1.4, and they refused to publish it?

I assume they are aware that Cloanto don't have that right.
3.1.4 is also a downgrade from 3.9 and it also introduced new bugs and compatibility issues, you should check out the feedback. I'm very surprised that you of all the people ignore this, since you conside everything that's not 3.9 garbage. And does Hyperion own the rights to develop and publish AmigaOS 3.1? Apparently don't because they are currently in a legal battle because of this whole 3.1.4 business.

Page generated in 0.08447 seconds with 11 queries