View Single Post
Old 02 June 2016, 09:07   #7
Brick Nash
Prototron

Excellent info as always folks, thanks! I managed to get a the Hrev working and all the hot spots are right now too but I'll ill maybe try to animate with Amos basic today and see what happens.

It's strange to try and think of Amal and Amos as two separate languages since I've been using them both pretty much from the off in the same environment but it's certainly something I'll keep in mind in the future.

Just a small couple of addition questions that I noticed that I'd like to ask - When using 'If' and 'Then' statements I know I can add other references on to 'Then by using the : but can they be continued on to another line, perhaps by wrapping in parenthesis or something similar (or is that getting a bit too modern?)

For example if I were to type -

If Jup(1) Then Jump : something else ...
....but continue onto this next line.

I've no need for it just yet but it would just be for code tidiness.

Also can I reference a bob and it's current state in an If statement?

For example I noticed with my joystick controls (when it worked) that all the directions worked fine but if I was facing left (and the bob was flipped with Hrev) but then I pushed up then the bob would flip back again because that's what I have for the Jup(1) position.

If I could add a second condition to tell Amos IF Jup(1) is activated AND the bob is currently in the flipped (Hrev) then to display the bob as flipped and obviously a similar one for if the bob is facing right.

I tried - If Jup(1) and bob 1,SX,SY, Hrev(GUY) then bob 1,SX,SY,Hrev(GUY)

Obviously that didn't work becasue it can't see a command as a reference so is there a way to do that becasue 'If' statements are pretty useful although again I'm not sure how it would work with animation but it'd be good to know if it's at least possible.

Once again, many thanks from an annoying noob!

Page generated in 0.04231 seconds with 11 queries