View Single Post
Old 20 June 2006, 03:03   #14
sarek2k
E.A.B Addict and Proud

Send a message via MSN to sarek2k
I've had lots of hd's pack in on me as soon as you get any errors it's just a matter of time maybe the errors won't increase but the life of your hd does i am talking mostly from pc side here, but i've seen so many hd's die in the 11 years i've had pc's The thing about Amiga's is they use the HD less aggresively so should last longer but once you get those errors it's time to start backing up and thinking of getting a new one!

I only had a few hd's on the Amiga at the time but still got errors sooner or later!

On the pc i've had Many many hd's and seen loads die!

My Top 5 worst drives!

1. Hitachi/Ibm deckstar (or as we call them Deathstar)
2. Samsung (i have only tried older samsung drives around 1gb in size however i had 3 fail on me i have not tested the new samsung spinpoint drives but they are too big for Amiga anyway!
3. Maxtor i've had plenty of those fail too!
4. Fujitsu and a couple of those!
5. Seagate i've had loads of these and they have hardly ever failed me the BEST drives of the lot!

BTW i am considerd a fairly unlucky person with hardware and it's not down to how i use it just shit luck i've sold on hd's etc to friends and offerd them a warranty just incase it fails tommorow 3/6 months etc had none come back yet!

@Pauly Q i've never had a HD for 5 years lol

Page generated in 0.05528 seconds with 11 queries