View Single Post
Old 26 January 2011, 13:41   #1
Nicko

Thumbs down Millennium 2.2 doesn't work correctly in WinUAE

Update: issue resolved: play with ECS, not OCS

I believe that the classic strategy game Millennium 2.2 unfortunately is not playable beyond about 10% of the game with WinUAE.

The problem is that the game cannot display a crucial screen required to gather all-important resources:-
When a 'grazer' finds an an asteroid you should be able to click on the ship roster, click on the ship name and then see a 'cockpit' view in which you control the grazer - with option to take or leave the asteroid (i.e. to mine it or not). What happens in WinUAE is just that you see a bit of screen corruption, often from a screen you have recently used. The cockpit view does not appear at all.

This issue does not appear if you run the same game in WinFellow.

I tried loading a saved game (from B2R, further into the game) but the same issue is there as well as the issue of screen corruption and crashing (Guru Meditation) when you pick a colony out of the list.

Obviously I can choose to use WinFellow, but I mention this for others to realise that it's the emulator that causes the issue.

Details:
Doesn't work on
WinUAE 2.3.0 (on WinXP SP3) and WinUAE 2.3.0 x64 (on Win7 x64)
Kickstart 1.3 / OCS / 0.5 MB chip (also tried with 0.5MB chip + 0.5MB slow)

Works on
WinFellow alpha v0.4.4 build 3 (on WinXP SP3 and on Win7 64)

Kickstart 1.3 / OCS / 0.5 MB chip

ADFs
ADFs from The Game Archives (cr Quartex, Leaders, Defjam)

** If this message is in the wrong forum/thread please move it **

Last edited by Nicko; 30 January 2011 at 12:22. Reason: Issue resolved. Put solution at top of thread to help readers

Page generated in 0.05918 seconds with 11 queries