View Single Post
Old 05 September 2009, 01:39   #72
KillaByte

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
What do you mean by you "had to unpack"? Were ther errors otherwise?
OK - my bad. This has to be done only for Etch and Sid. On those two it hangs while uncompressing the kernel (doesn't even get to the initrd). On Sarge it's working with the compressed images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
Sarge (3.1) was the last official Debian release for m86k. Etch (4.0) has to be considered experimental. I wouldn't use that for testing in the moment.
I'm well aware of that. I was just thinking I'd try the bleeding edge since Sarge didn't work too well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
winuae.zip updated again. More non-compatible MMU instructions updated (for example MOVEM to memory didn't restart correctly if any write caused access violation)

Now I only get repeating "bogl: don't know screen type 1".. (it is possible I also broke something else..)
Cool - now we're getting somewhere. With the latest code the shell doesn't freeze up when trying to type something when I add "init=/bin/sh" to the kernel command line for Sarge. Without it I get an "illegal instruction" somewhere in the init script. Will have to pinpoint that tomorrow. Etch and Sid still don't make it to the initrd. If I recall correctly, you get the bogl stuff when you don't supply "debian-installer/framebuffer=false" at the kernel command line (for Sarge). Are you using the StartInstall script or do you call amiboot by hand?

EDIT:
The illegal instruction seems to happen when executing the chroot command at the end of the init script.

Last edited by KillaByte; 05 September 2009 at 11:09.

Page generated in 0.06236 seconds with 11 queries