View Single Post
Old 12 September 2012, 00:39   #19
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I've tested both versions of this on some of the Amigas here in the office. In the newer version it looks like the bug where the ship gets stuck beyond the side of the screen is fixed since I can navigate my way back on-screen now. I couldn't find the slow area in level 3, and I was playing this on an A500 with 512kb ChipRAM and 512kb FastRAM, so maybe that's fixed too, I'm not sure.

Nice to see the floppy drive light doesn't stay on now, that was a bit odd before.

I noticed one tiny glitch when I was carrying the box back on the second level, a single line of pixels about an inch or two wide flashed at the top-right corner of the screen. It didn't interfere with anything, it's just something I noticed.

Something that would help to give a sense of movement when you're up in the "sky" is to have some background tiles behind, and since it's meant to be underground they could simply be darker dirt tiles that pass behind the ship as it flies around the caverns. If you don't have time to pixel any more tiles I'd be very happy to help out.

As for the title screen, what colour mode is it in? Are you slicing the image and changing the palette a few times down the screen? Have you tried seeing how it looks in HAM mode, or High Res Interlace? I could whip up some examples using different ideas if you'd like.

Awesome game though, I'm always happy to play new Amiga games, I like to get my mates around for some oldschool gaming sessions and it's good to have something fresh to try.

Page generated in 0.04314 seconds with 11 queries