View Single Post
Old 18 April 2018, 16:03   #48
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigaTech View Post
[...] So not everything they list or cover is purely correct, who cares as long as they keep Amiga in the picture and popular. [...]
I am a bit surprised MigaTech. Even if we are all smart enough « to separate the wheat from the chaff », it's hard to believe that you really don't care. As soon as they are presenting them as a "news" place, they have to be as accurate as possible OR inform that the information has « to be taken with a pinch of salt ». Any other attitude is deserving the scene.

Quote:
[...] Amiga needs more followers who maybe didn't know of its existence and like retro computers/computing. [...]
Erroneous informations is not a way to gain followers.
« One can deceive a thousand people once. But you can not deceive a person a thousand times ».

Quote:
[...] that to me, only looks to promote Amiga a lot more than most are doing.. [...]
So need factual informations. Promotion should be thought for the mid/long term. Definitively not the short one.
Look at some people ruling some countries. They make a lot of noise, now a lot of people talk about them, but at the end... nobody cares about them and they will be soon forgotten.

Quote:
[...] How many times did Amiga Power or Amiga Format print something that was never true or didn't transpire? I remember reading loads of BS from 1995 to the last edition of Amiga Format about how Amiga was going to this and that. No-one complains about that, then or now. We were just disappointed that nothing came from Commodore's demise. [...]
The comparison is not the best... As far as I remember what was printed was coming from "official/active" Amiga actors. So finally, the newspaper was only reporting "news" from "official/active" sources.

Quote:
[...] How many new people have Generation Amiga reached and brought to the Amiga community? How can this be harming Amiga?
I think that « DamienD's WinUAE Collection » brought the most of people to the Amiga community (back or new).

As a side note on your comment, I would be please to know how much "new" people have been brought to the Amiga scene these last ten years. By "new" I mean, not having a dad or mom that played back in time (indirectly promoting the computer by saying how fun/nice/etc. it was). "New" one that discovered this computer just like this or by reading something in a newspaper or in the net... Maybe worth to open a thread?...

Page generated in 0.04654 seconds with 11 queries