View Single Post
Old 29 June 2017, 15:12   #218
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyMG View Post
@meynaf:
From what I picked up on IRC, some device drivers (IDE, SD.. etc) which will reside on the vampire kickstart are being written to take advantage of the hyperthreading.
Hmm must i understand that these drivers currently use too much cpu ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrashyMG View Post
About developers, I've already seen several people want to hop in and develop new things using the vampire features. Things are moving weather you like it or not.
So what will it be ? There will be ONE program making use of this, just like ammx. Not impressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
and I do not understand why it is your problem?
It doesn't have to be my problem for me to point out a few bad details...

Quote:
Kolla is moaning that he bought two vampires because of in his view promised FPU and MMU and feels betrayed but when I advised him to sell the cards because there are lots of users interested outside who would be happy to have one he does not react
So the team is losing customers because of promises not fulfilled, and doesn't care. Replying "then sell it back" isn't the best of marketing methods...

Quote:
You are vampire owner? If not do not buy it, problem solved. If you own it sell it, one unhappy user less and another one happy
I wouldn't buy one even if i wanted to - no trapdoor V1200 available.
But as former team member I have a few things to say, sorry if you don't like it.

Quote:
Gunnar and the others have their agenda they are implementing now step by step. If you like what they offer and trust them then buy one, if not leave it. The noise around only nerves average users, it will change exactly zero regarding what is developed and how priorities are
So you've just admitted they don't listen to anyone...

Quote:
then why should I moan on a BMW forum about what I would like to have in a new model if I have no intention to buy this new model?

If I would do that people would think I am completely crazy, wouldn´t they?

Vampire cards and future standalone are new products, I do not need to buy if I do not like the company/developer behind, the product or both. I do not see the difference here
But, if you would buy a BMW if they listened to your suggestions, would you still close your mouth ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post

Well, this is an amiga forum, and we are limited amount of users.

Ive used Dan Wood/Kookytech as an example so many times its silly, but Ill do it again; its possible to have a positive attitude to everything/everyone within the Amiga community, even if we have different opinion.

Exchange of ideas AND difference of opinions can/will usually produce new ideas or methods. AND when you produce a product, its usually to please/make it useful for a end user. That means people that are still on the fence about a product.

So discounting xyz persons opinion just creates friction and negativity. If you start a post with "your opinion doesnt matter", you know the rest of the post you make will be read with hostility, and the rest off the thread will spin out of control like pretty much every thread in Amigaworld/amiga.org.
Its that a direction you want EAB to go?
+1

Quote:
WHDLoad not needs MMU
No software "needs" hyperthreading, so your argument can be returned to you...
And Whdload does not "need" MMU but it can use it and is safer that way.

Page generated in 0.04861 seconds with 11 queries