View Single Post
Old 07 March 2016, 15:01   #1
padremayi

[SOLVED] Final Fight on AMIGA 500+ (500 Plus), not 500!

Hi everyone!

Recently I found my AMIGA 500+ in my car box.

I have a kickstart switcher for choosing 2.04 or 1.3 kickstart but I have a problem with Final Fight.

Is there a way to play this game on AMIGA 500+? I know that the problem is a bad programming of the game that crashes on 1MB Chip RAM machine.

Thanks to all

SOLVED

EDIT
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
...It seems after booting sf (Street Fighter) without Startup-Sequence you only have about half the chip...

...I just copied track 0 from sf (Street Fighter) to ff (Final Fight) disk 1 and it seemed to work...

...Street Fighter is shocking
I confirm, that method works on real AMIGA 500+ hardware with kickstart 2.04, NOT 1.3 using optional switcher BUT...

Copying track 0 from SF to FF floppy results in copy all sectors that are inside the track 0. Not all of these sectors are from bootblock, you risk to overwrite important data of Final Fight!!!

The correct way is to use BootBase in order to copy Street Fighter bootblock to Final Fight floppy (Final Fight fixed floppy is in the attachment)

END EDITING
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached Files
File Type: zip Final Fight Disk A (C)1991 - Fixed for A500Plus.zip (756.3 KB, 410 views)

Last edited by padremayi; 09 March 2016 at 15:27.

Page generated in 0.04399 seconds with 12 queries