View Single Post
Old 30 August 2007, 19:24   #24
Charlie
. . Mouse . .

Hey! Amithlon self-help - groovy

Hmmm, intersting comments. I've never tried to install to an IGP system, though it should be fine in theory.
More stuff to add to an update.

FWIW:
I included the mem=512M on the assumption that most peeps would have more memory than Amithlon likes as a result of dual-booting with OS's that like lots of memory. ( cough - doze )
If you have 512mb: You can remove the command
If you have 1025mb: See if you can remove the command
More = a non-booting system without mem=... ( probably )

If you can it's worth removing with IGP systems as the kernel could get very confused with regard to memory allocation.

Need more memory?
-Live with 1025mb of ram & remove mem=... ( fingers crossed )
-Try larger mem=... ( experimentation needed, mem=768M biggest that's got a fair chance to work )

PS
Sorry the 'guide' is so mind-numbingly loooong. ( The only way I could see for covering the bases without making too many assumptions )
Suggestions as to how to make it more readable would be nice...

It has been deliberately written to take 'followers' on a tour of Amithlon in an effort to improve familliarity. ( Hopefully this will reduce frustrated head-scratching if/when problems crop up in future )

Having done it you can probably see where short-cuts can be made in this process.
These and some deliberate half-truths aside, feel free to point out any mistakes.

Last edited by Charlie; 30 August 2007 at 19:56.

Page generated in 0.05508 seconds with 11 queries