View Single Post
Old 28 October 2018, 22:16   #28
Glen M

This week is a 2 part video in which I setup a real IDE hard drive for use in my A1200.

Part 1 is setting up WinUAE, installing 3.1 then 3.9 and finally Classic Workbench 3.9
Part 2 is connecting the IDE drive to the PC, partitioning and formatting, copying the OS across and a few WHDLoad games with finally putting the drive in the real A1200 and powering up with fingers crossed.

Part 1 - [ Show youtube player ]
Part 2 - [ Show youtube player ]

Installations are done in real time with nothing cut or sped up.

NOTES:

- I know I could have skipped the OS3.1 install but in doing so skips a bit of disc swapping when installing 3.9 so I decided to first install 3.1 to keep the tutorial as straight forward as possible.
- In part 2 I make a point of changing the max transfer rate of PFS3AIO which probably isn't necessary as the correct value is already listed in 3.9 but hey for the sake of completion plus it will help anyone who is maybe not using 3.9 just to know the correct value.
- Also in part 2 I edit the startup sequence of 3.9 to load scsi.device.43.45. There is some discussion online suggest you can just stick scsi.device in the devs folder and classic workbench will sort it out for you but for the life of me it doesn't work on my 1200 which just gurus each time.

Anyway please watch the videos and if you have any questions, queries or comments please do so here or on the youtube page.

Page generated in 0.04418 seconds with 11 queries