View Single Post
Old 22 February 2020, 23:31   #84
roondar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
From your standpoint there aren't bad thing/good things. Just things. All arguments are invalid, no matter on what subject.
Not really, I only feel this is for subjective things. Such as whether or not a game/movie/book/painting/statue/piece of music/type of food/choice of colour/etc is "objectively good" or "objectively bad"

Understand, I'm not saying I think you can't like/dislike the game. Nor am I saying you can't have a discussion about it. And definitely not that you can't point to objective technical elements in a game you don't like (low frame rate, scrolling that doesn't update every frame, whether or not the collision detection is accurate or not, etc). Far from it, I rather enjoy reading these and it can be quite illuminating (for instance, the first time someone pointed out the low frame rate in Xenon II to me, I understood why I didn't like it better than before). I'm only saying that elevating your opinion on these things to claiming a game is factually good or bad is something I disagree with (and have always found rather amusing to see - as to me good/bad are always subjective, by definition).

But I've made that clear now I think

Last edited by roondar; 22 February 2020 at 23:54. Reason: Added some stuff, as I wasn't happy with it.

Page generated in 0.05052 seconds with 11 queries