View Single Post
Old 01 January 2009, 19:37   #7
Exl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
try to open a DOS prompt and run "javaw". See what it does.
Does nothing (no "javaw is unreecognized command" either).

Quote:
Player start location seems not included. As opposed to Superfrog, Cannon Fodder, and other "simple" tile-based games, there's code behind the levels, thus making the game more interesting because there's a behaviour. I'm not sure they developped some scripting language (well maybe it's the case) but it's really easier to code stuff directly, unlike Cadaver, where a scripting language was developped specially.

So I think that modifying the level data won't do any good to create new levels with the original game engine (unlike Superfrog), but knowing all this data certainly helps to create a remake that's very faithful to the original level data.
A lot of info is missing, yes. I haven't been able to find where the Nodes info is found, though I do see triggers (events) near where a node is. But Whether they've added code behind the levels I'm not sure. Have a look at http://www.dvdflick.net/storage/cspy1.png Events and "Covers" as I've dubbed them are linked together. A lot of the game's mechanics can already be replicated just by activating\deactivating these covers when a trigger\event is started. A remake should be possible with this. Now, monster locations on the other hand...?

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 11 queries