View Single Post
Old 10 September 2016, 20:03   #7
DuaneL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
I have an issue which sort of fits this thread so I didn't really want to start another.

I needed to gain as much extra chipmem as I could to get a game working and a quick Google search revealed to me this clever multiboot feature in ClassicWB so I tried it out.

I selected the RAD boot as that seemed to be what I needed. I selected the .info file of the game I needed max chipmem for and the computer restarted. The first time it just seemed to load up ClassicWB as normal so I reset the Amiga and got a software failure which is now the only thing I get if I try to boot to ClassicWB even after it being switched off for over 12hours!!! The software failure occurs once the ClassicWB backdrop has been displayed but before all the icons are displayed.

If I hold down the RMB and select Workbench then it loads to the standard WB with no errors and games will work from there so it seems that the RAD boot must have modified my ClassicWB startup in a way that it is now causing the software failures.

Any ideas on where I should look for the cause of this please?
I also had a similar issue. I was stuck in the min memory startup sequence because the startup script to swap them around didn't execute properly. I'm not near my computer at the moment, but have a look at your startup sequence scripts and make sure they're in order. When I get home, I'll have a look at mine and try to provide some kind of additional details.

Page generated in 0.04259 seconds with 11 queries