View Single Post
Old 09 September 2012, 00:15   #333
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimi View Post
I just have to say, WOW.
Thanks Regarding the your crash on Arch Linux, I haven't been able to test this yet. I'll install Arch Linux when I get time and try to reproduce the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusle View Post
Wow!!

Frode, have you an "Donation" option on your homepage? I think, it's time to honor your great work!
No, I hadn't, but since I have been asked this question before, I decided to put up a donation page (http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/donate) But as I write on the page, I won't accept donations for expected future features (or any kind of paid development), so it must rather be donations in appreciation of what's already there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
I just downloaded 1.3.26 and tried to run the launcher on OS X 10.8.1. [...] When I downgraded back to 1.3.25, everything was fine again. I am assuming it is a simple problem that can be fixed easily.
I made a mistake which did not show up when running before publication. 1.3.26u1 (http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-beta) should work again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcripon View Post
I also agree with nexusle. FS-UAE has eliminated the need for me to try to run Amiga Forever through VMWare on my Mac (not a satisfying option) or via Wine (better, but still a pain). I would be more than happy to donate to your project.
As above, only if you feel like it (http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/download-beta). It will certainly make me smile, but it won't directly affect the development as time is the limiting factor, not money

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaOnline View Post
@Frode: Nice work Btw, the directory listing seems to be disabled again for http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/
I disabled it to avoid search engines indexing stuff there, as it polluted search results somewhat. But I have fixed that via robots.txt instead now => directory listing is enabled again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallafa View Post
Hi Frode,

attached you'll find a patch that's updating FS-UAE's serial emulation to the one WinUAE currently uses.

WinUAE's new implementation moves the serial host commands into the file parser.cpp and thus I moved/added the POSIX serial emulation there. The patch is tested on Mac OS X and I assume Linux should work out of the box. The Windows part is currently missing in this patch (no win here) but I think if you use WinUAE's parser.cpp in this case then everything should work on windows, too.

The patch also adds a new FS_UAE config option "serial_name" to set the host device for serial emulation. (I use the great socat tool here to create a pty thats connected to the stdout in a shell and redirect FS-UAEs serial port to the pty. With this tool you can also redirect the port to a TCP/IP socket and lots of other sinks. So in POSIX you won't actually need the "enet_serial" stuff implemented for Windows...)

It would be great if you would consider this patch for inclusion in one of the next releases of FS-UAE...
Hi, sounds great, thanks for the patch I haven't had time to look at it in detail yet though. The current serial code is just barely good enough to get AROS booting (and printing debug output to the console), so as long as it's better than what I already have, I'll be happy to include it. But of course, at a minimum, FS-UAE must still compile and work on Windows as before, so I will probably have to rework it a bit first.

Would you contribute some examples on how to use this, for example with socat? I can include this in the documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foul View Post
The only "important" thing missing for me, is the wheelmouse support... All the rest is near perfection... Awesome Work Frode
You're now effectively forcing me to delay wheel mouse support to 2.1.x, to keep some interest in further development ;-)

(This was a new personal record in number of replies in one post, I think )

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 09 September 2012 at 01:56.

Page generated in 0.04483 seconds with 11 queries