View Single Post
Old 01 February 2016, 05:38   #1
Tempest 2084
Prototype Historian

NTSC, PAL, and Games

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but since it has to do with the hardware on the Amiga I guess here is as good as anywhere.

I have an Amiga 2000 with KS 3.1 roms and an Indivision ECS board hooked up to a VGA monitor. I also have a switch installed that will supposedly switch my system between NTSC and PAL (it's normally an NTSC system). My questions are:

1. If I play a PAL game on my system without adjusting anything, will it play alright because of the Indivision board or will the system still being set to NTSC cause timing issues?

2. Does WHDload select the correct video/system type automatically or do I manually have to do it?

3. If I hold down both buttons on the mouse at startup and select PAL will that let me play PAL games on my system without problems?

4. Does my switch basically do the same thing as the mouse button menu l mentioned in 3?

Basically I'm trying to find the easiest way to play both PAL and NTSC games on my system without having to manually boot the system up into the correct mode since I may not know if ghe game is PAL or NTSC ahead of time.

Page generated in 0.03875 seconds with 11 queries