View Single Post
Old 05 November 2020, 14:40   #89
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC/DC HACKER! View Post
The Picasso 4 is connected to my HDTV via a VGA+Audio-to-HDMI connector. So Audio of Picasso 4 is connecting to VGA-to-HDMI connector. Functions very well that way. Display of Amiga video and Picasso 640x480 or high screens do great.

My CVisionPPC is connected to another, order monitor.
Yes, that is certainly a recommended setup, though it still means that any attempt to open a native screen will cause a screen to open on the CVisionPPC. This is unavoidable. As stated, the CVisionPPC firmware installs already at boot-time patches (well, not exactly that, but close enough) that replace the functions that build a native display. So any attempt to get a native screen through the operating system must fail.

All P96 can do is to overwrite these functions with its own, so the "CVisionPPC software scandoubler" aka "firmware driven mode promotion" continues to work. It cannot remove these patches as the original entry points have been lost.

In short: Once you have a CVisionPPC in your system, the native Amiga video output is dead and cannot be reached from the operating system.

Quote:
You mean SwitchType=JAV0SOFT or "JAVOSOFT" doesn't seem to do anything. I also tried using SwitchType=PicassoIV but that didn't help. CVisionPPC's screen just goes blank and then I hear garbled sounds form whatever WHDLoad game.
Which is not surprising because there is still the mode promotion for the CVisionPPC active. Again, see above: CVisionPPC in the system, no native video.

Quote:
Noo....I don't want to use ModePro for any other Mode Promotion program.
That's too bad, but P5 decided that you get one once booting with the CVisionPPC in the system.

Quote:

I understand it doesn't have a Hardware Switch that you flip on the board. Which is why I commented about CGX4 have software switches in ToolTypes and ENVARC:/ENV: that may be set. Shall I show you pictures?
That wouldn't help me because it would still not document how to get rid of the P5 firmware patches to the system. That is undocumented, vendor-specific territory. P5 tended *not* to document what they did, and any attempt to get information from them ended in a disaster. I tried that in the past, and it didn't work. I don't want to go through the painful exercise once more.

Quote:
I'm not attempting to create a native display for the CVisionPPC with the CVisionPPC Monitor loaded, not at all. I'm attempt to get WHDLoad Screens to show on PicassoIV board when the PicassoIV monitor is also loaded and running with CVisionPPC monitor loaded and running. Currently CGX4 does this, P96 does not...not that I have...found, yet.

I hope this clarifies better.
No, I afraid not. If WHDLoad uses the operating system to open a screen, then that screen will open on whatever graphics card WHDLoad tells the Os to open on. Let it be a CVisionPPC screen or a PIV-screen. That surely works. If it attempts to open a native screen, that will *forcefully* end up as a CVisionPPC screen, without any chane of having that fixed. If it decides to poke the custom chips, well... I'm out of the game.

Page generated in 0.08320 seconds with 11 queries