View Single Post
Old 21 May 2018, 18:17   #9
VJagentONE
VeeJaying with Amiga !

I am pretty Sure there was NOT an NTSC version, as an NTSC Zool 2 game was something I desired badly.....not because I could not just Run the PAL version...the PAL version worked fine.....its because of 2 reasons....I wanted to Play Zool 2 on a Big screen NTSC TV and wanted to recored it to an NTSC DV tape to show my friends and alos upload online back in the day when YouTube began.....I did one day discover how to force it to NTSC though....Dont remember how...I think it was through Emulation running on a Powerbook or Macbook pro 2008 in which I connected the Mac to S-Video CRT TV through Macbooks DVI to S-Video Adaptor which it did fantastically....also.......Atari Jaguar had a slightly better drawn and Animated ZOOL in their Zool 2 version......the Game Emulated looked Awesome....on a real Jaguar the resolution was so low it looked like Garbage.....also the PC version is identical to the Jaguar Version and plays more Console like...try both of them with Scanlines enabled to get that Arcade console look.

P.S. I hate the A1200 AGA and CD32 versions of ZOOL and ZOOL 2....because of that Stupid Non transparent Purple Score bar at the top....a patheic attempt to make it appear that the AGA version had more colors.....they DIDN'T ...they ..only had an extra Field or Background and that Background was the added palette....but if you notice the forground and Zool, had not a single color added to them.......the ECS is better...unless you like the backgrounds that dont properly fadeaway into the distance....the colors are not muted making the game look crazy and unorganized.

Anyway :-)

Oh and one more thing.......there is a secret to geting Every PAL game in existence to display on an NTSC TV.......Most PHILIPS and some Magnavox CRT tube TVs(Owned by Philips) display both PAL and NTSC.....and goes into Actual PAL mode which squishes the image slightly to make sure it shows all the pixels. Most people were not aware of this nor did Philips advertize it....but Philips knew their stuff and infact made some Amiga monitors.

Page generated in 0.04105 seconds with 11 queries