View Single Post
Old 04 February 2024, 02:25   #14
lmimmfn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
What's really noticeable when you look at these is how much more vibrant the Amiga and C64 retro-scenes are than most other systems. On Atarimania only Dungeon Master has more than about 5 comments relating to the actual game, and even that's got barely a third of the attention it got on LemonAmiga. Spectrum Computing and World Of Spectrum probably step on each other's toes a bit too much, but have some good content - a shame there's nowhere to offer comments on games on either of them (I do recall seeing a Spectrum site where you could comment, can't recall the name right now).

It's not the same thing, but CPC Games Reviews (https://www.cpcgamereviews.com/) is a great read, and the amount of impressive recent developments shows how badly-treated that system was (though its late launch and high price compared to most 8-bits must've counted against it). Plus4World does the same, so many unofficial versions of C64 games being made in recent times.
I wouldn't consider the CPC a high price, it came with a monitor. My folks evaluated the C64,C128 and the CPC and decided on the CPC because it wouldnt hog the telly.

Last edited by lmimmfn; 04 February 2024 at 02:59.

Page generated in 0.52183 seconds with 11 queries