View Single Post
Old 18 May 2018, 03:13   #112
MartinW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf View Post
You can sign your own code and upload it with Xcode onto your own device....
Ah, true - I didn't consider that. It seems a bit of a limited audience though. More than Aros in the first place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf
X11 will stay around for an other 30 years.
I hope so because Wayland didn't work well for me. Off the top of my head I don't remember why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf
Browser works for ABIv1
http://aros-exec.org/modules/newbb/v...post_id=107119

I hope you keep us updated!!
Thank you for the link / pointer! I had glanced over the first few pages of that thread a few days ago but there are pages and pages so I stopped reading. It looks like "Wawa" didn't like Git. I hope they do now - I have used it at work for over 6 years now and wouldn't have it any other way. It is so easy when you know how.

What is even nicer is that it looks like the Odyssey project at least has full CMake integration which is always a bonus because my Jetbrains IDE (CLion) should just pick it up and run with it.

So this evening was very much a family evening effort on Zelda. I am on my own tomorrow evening so maybe I will try to setup the build environment. I already have an Amiga 3.9 Cross compile based on Bebo's work so hopefully this will be similar.

Don't expect miracles though. I have a severe habit of not following anything through to the end. The challenge is working out how to do something. Generally once I've worked out how I get bored and look for the next thing to do.

That's why my employers have always loved the way I work. They tend to throw the stuff at me that nobody else can work out knowing full well that they won't see me for days / weeks / months, but when they do the problem will be solved or they may as well abandon it entirely. It has taken me 6 years to fully understand the software project I work on now. In the last probably 3 months I finally feel like I fully understand it intimately

Page generated in 0.07930 seconds with 11 queries