View Single Post
Old 14 November 2019, 03:18   #17
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
This is simply NOT TRUE. For example, I've got two A500/A1200 ROMs:

- file dated 27th Sept 2018, MD5 sum 7fe1eb0ba2b767659bf547bfb40d67c4
- file dated 19th Oct 2018, MD5 sum 61c5b9931555b8937803505db868d5a8

Both were downloaded by me from my Hyperion account.
Obviously, as the A1200 ROM is different from the A500/A600/A2000 ROM, and has been different ever since. Forgot this model in my list, sorry. The regular disk sets are identical, though there is a A1200 modules disk, and a A500 modules disk, the latter being identical to the A600 modules and the A2000 modules disk.

This is really not hard to understand: "A modules disk replacing a machine dependent ROM".

Quote:
there are some differences between floppy images too.
On the modules disks, yes, and those are the only differences. Excuse me, I'm building these disks, and I know the build procedure. All disks *but* the modules disks are identical for all machines, and have not changed ever since. There is not even a "per model" build file for the disk set.

Quote:

How many versions were actually released (and how many more will be released in the future under the same version number) - I don't have any idea, probably pirate sites are the only reliable source of information.
There was one (initial) ROM image version with the wrong copyright statement which was fixed slightly after. Nothing changed but the copyright text (instead of "copyright hyperion" it says "developed under license"). Hence, the answer is "two per machine type", and it remains as such. There are no new 3.1.4 ROMs going to appear. There are new 3.2 ROMs going to appear, one per machine type, same logic CBM used.

Quote:

I'm getting too old for this and I'm really happy my half-baked plug&play script system is only my unreleased private script system (dealing only with software/hardware I personally own or emulate) and I don't have to deal with users running into problems due to this mess (and this is a mess the Hyperion itself created - not the CBM!).
Which mess? There is no difference - there is a per-model difference in the ROMs/modules as it has always been. If you complain about that, complain at bad development practise of CBM. Nobody can fix that.

Quote:

I think I know which hardware you are talking about.
I talk about the vampires.

Page generated in 0.07376 seconds with 11 queries