View Single Post
Old 14 November 2002, 20:38   #3
PseudoDOS

XFR is a library itself with its own clients. a library, that can be accessed from other programs.

making xfr recognicing xfr, xad and similar would mean to write a client that doors that in. this is not recommended, 'cause each separate system has its special features and all together can be best utilised from a main program and frontend which opens these librarys in some way.

aFilter is such a frontend for shell usage, where some formats of afilter and especially its unirip plugin are replaced now by xfrmaster.library and libs:xfr/.

afilter for this purpose has got a new plugin named xfr. surely anyone who can, may write a client for xfr, that pops in xfd or xad into xfr itself or vice versa. e.g. a xad client that scans and rips. i have been thinking on this for long periods of time and came to the conclusion, that it would be dificult because of the partial-file handling of xad and a missing ability to give a xad client a priority of execution. am i right? it would be much more flexible to make programs with graphical interfaces, that can use all these librarys.
voodoo-x is an example for such work and in my opinion it can be even better when it does use also xfd and xfr besides xad.

annother frontend of this kind i see in the deficon feature of the newer amiga os. i have seen that with amithlon. this program sorts default icons and functions like directory opus to files of a certain type on the workbench. you do not need a workbench replacement with this. deficon goes beyond just looking at the filename ending. like opus it can look into the files to recognice their formats. my great idea is to make DEFICON access the x libs and datatypes (if it doesnt use datatypes yet) for further special recognitions. (multiview does use datatypes)

The third frontend i know is the unpack utility in the new amiga os. it does use xad only. what about extending that?

Last but not least: eagleplayer. I started to make an eagleplayer-ripper plugin for aFilter and an eagleplayer genie that can access my own clients but failed. the eagle guys did not write back.

Afilter was the first real step to make the many separate tools one tool.

You ask about somehting like track to file. aFilter afaik is able to read tracks from a disk, as long they aren't long tracks. Can you be more specific what you want to perform?

Page generated in 0.04244 seconds with 11 queries