Thread: WinUAE QEMU PPC
View Single Post
Old 08 November 2018, 04:47   #497
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ThEcRoW View Post
Problem solved. Was using the wrong dll.
Hard rubber mallet to your head.

@ White and More...

The error, or WOS error, then implies there's something happening with the PPC Emulation code. I'm able to install the game well with my Amiga 4000 Desktop CSPPC. I'm also able to do so when running OS 4.1.1, with some tweaking.

WinUAE:

Payback PPC runs well in Software Rendering mode but won't run in Hardware mode, and in Software Mode PowerPC.library is used (WinUAE). It runs like an OS game because Paula is emulated well. Nightlong runs a bit differently, but still functions well with Picaso 4. Picasso 4 vs UAEGfx. Shogo and the programs associated, seem to "bang" hardware differently than the PPCEmu is able to handle in some situations. I have checked a lot into the software of the OS, but thus far...it's hit or miss...PPCEmu. To that, there is NOT a solve on the User End. (I C..ould be missing something here...but it's what I found so far..)

How to deal handle it?? Currently? Use real Amiga hardware to install then transfer to your emulation until someone does work on PPC Emulation to get it all to function well. In a way that Classics require what Toni suggests, needs maintaining. Coding for old School hardware can be done until final, guys...if someone is really good and willing to be that passionate. The Clue is "Classic Hardware" but who wants to do it? Once Classic is Done, it's Done. But that requires evolution and checking.

Meanwhile, Payback PPC works with straight CSPPC emulation (don't add ANY WinUAE extra Z2 or Z3 RAM..or it won't function correctly). AmigaAMP functions pretty well from my limited tests. WarpDTs are functioning well also.

If I'm in error anywhere here, I'm open to education.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 08 November 2018 at 05:31.

Page generated in 0.04276 seconds with 11 queries