View Single Post
Old 18 January 2017, 21:16   #12
modrobert
old bearded fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat the Cat View Post
Excuse me, this thread is not for spam insults. Please comment on the subect matter or not at all.

The fact is, it's computer data, not the original documents. No human hand.

No trace in the real world. It doesn't really matter if they are fake or genuine. It makes no difference in the real world.

I wonder who BAF is? Or is a frame up of BAF? Don't go complaining, I got the iinks off a post on this site, so you should really be talking to that poster about sanity, now shouldn't you. Their content. I guess they didn't check, did they, and the words used are not a regarded as a problem on this site. I carefully googled, found plenty.

Didn't expect to see it on a document marked "Copyright Amiga" and a date, but there you go.

As to whether it's an offence or not in Pennsylvania at the time, it depends if the buggery was consensual or not. The document doesn't really make that clear. The word "buggery" is not considered a problem here. I checked. People use it, have used it. Just so long as it's consensual, not a problem.

So, that's the question really, when it comes to what possibly could be a genuine CBM document, copyrighted, relating to buggery on the Amiga system. I don't think that's viable myself, but I'm just not even going to try. It could result in permanent damage, you know.

I found this quote from Dave Haynie, makes sense, the words on the schematics are probably related to The B-52's.

Quote:
The Amiga 1200 was designed by George Robbins and Brian Fenimore, who code-named the motherboard "Channel-Z" ("gettin's nothing but static") -- GRR was a huge B-52's fan. This was Commodore West Chester's first committed system using the AA chipset (originally called Pandora, later called AGA by the marketing people), I had been messing with AA systems since 1990, but Commodore's new management had put the keibash on most of what we had in development in 1991. Politics. And, quite certainly, heaps of stupidity. But regardless, everyone was happy when the A1200 got out the door. Unfortunately, the new bosses didn't believe in AA, so they didn't order any parts. As a result, they had lines forming wordwide to get A1200s, they could have sold several times as many at Christmas, and they had plenty of A600s that no one wanted. And anyone in Engineering could have told you that would happen, back in 1991.

Page generated in 0.31606 seconds with 11 queries