View Single Post
Old 22 February 2013, 15:20   #26
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
It would. If somebody wants to do a proper classic Amiga game. Look at the C64 scene. Sure, more simple architecture, but they released some nice games over the last 3 years and more will follow. You can't made money out of this, but it's possible to do nice Amiga games with the right effort. No homebrewish looking games for fast, mostly PC like, Amiga systems.
I have shortly looked on the german site of the company behind. Their main-product is a cross-platform environment already supporting lots of platforms. So by this kickstarter they can add a couple of new platforms and make some money with it. So from their point of view would it make sense to support a (again from their view) dead and stoneold platform? Expecially considering possible future projects who are demanding. I personal do a lot of things with Aros on 68k and it is very fun and at least on emulation you have lots of ressources but I can understand that companies do not use it as target platforms.

You must always look at it, how are the chances that there is a growing platform and the chance to earn money with it. There are some C64 games but that are hobby projects by enthusiasts and not commercial development.

Page generated in 0.04478 seconds with 11 queries