View Single Post
Old 06 November 2017, 12:37   #1
DH
Global Moderator

Visitor Messages Removal from Profiles (Yes / No / Don't Know)

Basically, the problem we're having, as in the Moderators of this forum, is too many visitor messages are being spammed.

Last night I removed over 419 spam visitor messages out of 13,499 messages, and I haven't even scratched the surface. Prowler did similar, 150 or so, and even then neither me nor prowler have even made a dent in any of it yet. Our time is needed elsewhere and we simply do not have time to sift through the massive amount of Visitor Messages. Would be great if everyone reported them so we could act, but that simply doesn't happen enough + a lot of these spammers are only spamming the visitor messages and are slipping through the net without detection.

So the word is, do we really need those visitor messages at all, after all why not PM instead, it's private and more secure.

I guess there'll be arguments as to why we should keep them, and arguments against, but we, and RCK, would really like your opinions on this.

So here it is, a Poll to see.

EDIT: If the outcome is to get rid of visitor messages, I would imagine RCK would provide an announcement for all to check and copy any visitor messages of any importance before they are switched off and purged, and, give you all time to complete it too.

Last edited by DH; 06 November 2017 at 13:05.

Page generated in 0.04455 seconds with 11 queries