View Single Post
Old 09 February 2010, 21:04   #14
Allen1

Hi

your card is similar or possibly a version of :-

http://hardware.amiga.hu/photos/hawk,1

The littler card is the memory stick, that can be 2, 4 or as in yours 8MB in size, you can change the memory to any of the common sizes and move the links on the bigger board to the size of memory stick you use.

These cards were VERY expensive when they came out and are no longer made but nowadays you can pick them up for between £20 to £40 but if there are lots of bidders as in your case the price will go up. What you have is still value for money as you may not get an opportunity to get another card in the future.

Both transfer adapters you link to are fine but you still need a CF card to put in them, if you already have a CF to PCMCIA adapter the all you need is a CF card and download fat95.lha and cfd.lha free from Aminet, those files will open with Winrar, the hard part is sticking them onto a floppy and getting them on the Amiga but saves a fortune on buying stuff you already have for the sake of a floppy disk.

Doom on the PC and Halo on my Xbox kept me away from bed when I should have gone in the past

Page generated in 0.07767 seconds with 11 queries