View Single Post
Old 05 May 2020, 16:53   #34
dreadnought

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodke View Post
Also a lot of people would not be hugely bothered by the slightly stretched graphics especially if they weren't told about it so it probably wasn't seen as a big deal.
Problem is they are not "slightly" stretched. The difference is massive, and I view it side by side on original hardware outputting to CRTs. I really have a big flaw tolerance when it comes to old hardware, especially displays, but this is really, really striking.

I don't actually have any original consoles but might try to put my Pi or Wii in PAL mode and see how much difference is in the case of emulated SNES or MD vs Amiga. From what I recall it's not as striking as vs PC, but maybe it's because their black bars are even on top and bottom, so they don't seem as huge as Amiga's double one on the bottom

Back in the day, of course, it was different for many reasons but mainly two: we (well, I at least) were kids blown away by all this new stuff and without much perspective, and two, there was no internet so we couldn't compare these things and see countless examples of the differences and listen to some geeks ranting on about it

Page generated in 0.04150 seconds with 11 queries