View Single Post
Old 05 June 2015, 20:54   #1
jayminer

Decided to release an old game

Hi,

Even if this is my first post here I have read the boards a lot, and got a bit of inspiration from Mrs Beanbags release of PuzCat, I decided to dust of an AMOS Pro game I worked on a couple years ago and release it as is.

I consider this a version 0.9 of the game but I'm not sure I will ever do any more work on it, even if it's very nearly complete. The game can be finished, it's mostly polish that's missing.

If you play the game and encounter any serious bugs, please let me know and perhaps they will get fixed.

The reason development sort of died of was in part by there being an odd bug that I have only ever seen on my A1200 when I disabled my Blizzard 1230 and ran as an unexpanded A1200. There are some minor flickering on one of the sprites and I have no idea why, and never managed to fix this bug. It doesn't occur on any other machine I have tried it on. Another thing was that it runs a bit slow on a 68000 machine, and I really tried to keep the system requirements down since I wanted it to run on a A500 but unfortunately it runs a bit slow in most rooms.

Anyway, please try it out, I think it's a quite fun platformer - heavily inspired by You Have to Win the Game even though I actually started working on it before that game was released.

I never got around to actually naming the game so it's just called "The Game" for now And if I ever was to do any more work on it I would like to add some simple story and come up with a better name If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Also, the music is kinda crappy and done by me as placeholder music, if anyone wants to do some music I would happily make an update for that atleast!

The game can be downloaded from here.

Page generated in 0.05208 seconds with 11 queries