View Single Post
Old 03 March 2021, 22:38   #3652
PeterK

Was that a clean OS 3.1.4 installation from scratch or some sort of trying to update an old system, in the worst case writing over an existing ClassicWB system with Scalos 1.2 installed? Never try the latter, this will most likely not result in a properly working system.

Did you check and ensure that the P bit is really set for all modules that are loaded by LoadModule ROMUPDATE like Libs:workbench.library and Libs:icon.library (but there are many other required files installed from the Modules disk corresponding to your hardware).

What happens when you use the OS 3.1.4 icon.library v45.22? If that works it should do the same with my library. It's not my problem in case that 3.1.4 doesn't work for you. Don't modify the 3.1.4 startup-sequence before it ever works successfully.

If you want to install my library use "Copy icon.library_68020 Libs:icon.library CLONE" to make sure that the P bit is preserved, too. LoadModule requires this "pure" bit. Or use LoadModule AUTO as mentioned in the FAQ.

I usually just copy files with DOpus4 and that shows me the protection bits. But a list command can do that too.

Btw, what exactly is your Kickstart Rom version? There are some 3.1 Roms from from Hyperion or Cloanto without workbench.library.

Last edited by PeterK; 03 March 2021 at 23:16.

Page generated in 0.07428 seconds with 11 queries