View Single Post
Old 07 December 2017, 22:27   #508
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Shatterhand comments himself taking the high ground, and this is the attitude we should have.
I actually know (well, online) the guy who made that comment , he has a blog about shmups and he is pretty stupid most of the time, I went in an argument with him once in a facebook group I own, where his attitude was like "There's only one way to review a game, a game is either good or bad, there's no personal opinion about this" which of course also meant "And I know what makes a game good or bad, anyone who disagrees with me is wrong".

How can you take the argument of someone like this seriously? I still don't know if he knew it was me who made the game (and then was trying to hit me personally), or was just slagging the game because "he knows better blah blah blah", I couldn't care less

I've been trying to make games since I was like 10 years old (I am 34 now), I've done games for the MSX, PC and now am doing Amiga ones. Except by two games that I was paid to code, I've always offered my games for free. And yes, for every "Wow, it's pretty cool you are actually able to make a computer game", I get 10 "Your game is stupid, awful, looks like shit, why don't you make a new GTA V but better?" sort of comment from people who have no idea of what it takes to make a game.

And sometimes, very rarely. you get some nice criticism (like Graham Humphrey wrote about Quasarius on the Amiga Future magazine. He wrote a lot of criticisms about the game and I couldn't agree more with him in all his points, yet it was amazing to see an article about a game I did in a printed magazine )

But I agree with what has been said here, Steril, and I hope you read this. Many people would love to see what you have to do for the system. Trolls will always be around and saying this about stuff they don't understand. We really shouldn't care about it. If you love doing stuff, do it. If people like it, even better, If they don't, well, you loved doing it, so it's ok

Page generated in 0.07596 seconds with 11 queries