View Single Post
Old 14 December 2017, 10:35   #35
gazj82

Morning thanks for your replies.

Well I have managed to get sprites working which is good news. Well for the most part, for some reason I can only get 7 sprites working on screen not 8.

This leaves 10 qblit's for the A500 to do. Even alternating these so I do 5 in one frame and 5 in the next is still leaving me with slowdown! Although it is much improved.

The difference is amazing between an A1200 and an A500.

Just to clarify. The display is 4 bitplanes and single layer playfield. The objects being blitted are maximum 16x16 although most are much smaller than that even and usually only consist of one colour from the 16 available. (EDIT, sorry one, the player is 32 wide and 16 high)

I do have one colour in my pallete that changes every couple of frames. Turning this off seems to have little effect.

The only other thing that updates per frame is updating the score using the print statement. Would this be causing any problems?

About debugging. I do all coding on my accelerated A1200 and test here using the standard method. But for standard A1200 and A500 testing I use the compiler to create an executable and save this on floppy disk. I then use an image of this ADF on FS-UAE using the appropriate settings.
So I guess the debugger is not on when used this way?

Page generated in 0.04179 seconds with 11 queries