View Single Post
Old 16 May 2018, 12:41   #27
sneckburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
I hate the A600 case, those clips are horribly designed. Hower, I still think that simply buying a decent case on ebay (or whatever local place) is the simplest solution for you unless you like to spend time on a challenge.. Gluing with some sort of epoxy might work for you howeever..
(Example of cheap case)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amiga-600-C...item1cab124aeb

I also have a 3d printer with small print area (21x21x21) so Amiga cases are out of the question, but yea with big and good enough printer you could probably get something that looks decent.. Isnt that how they do the current prototypes anyway?

Modeling a case might sound easy (if yu have the software and the skills), but I'd worry about the measurements. Getting them spot on down to sub-milimeter precision is a daunting task unless you have access to a €20-50,000 3d scanner..

Modelling the case shouldn't be too difficult, I imagine the original mould was manufactured to a scale drawing of some sort and the measurements I've taken so far just using a set of vernier callipers and a steel rule are all round off metric measurements. I have actually copied more complicated items in the past with accurate results.
The 3d Cad model could also be modified and scaled down to fit a Raspberry Pi in it (Which has bee done for the A500). A working keyboard scaled to fit would be a challenge though...But not impossible! I reckon I could copy the membrane which could be scaled down to a smaller size!

As for buying parts from Antony (that link)... Hmmm I don't think I'll be giving him anymore of my business in the future!

Page generated in 0.08429 seconds with 11 queries