View Single Post
Old 06 December 2017, 18:59   #15
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
I think PeterK is referring to the latest AmiKit X, though I could be wrong... Amiga Forever does cover licencing costs, whether you agree with that principle or not, so at least part of the money goes that way.
Yes, I'm indeed more referring to the commercial distribution of AmiKit X and FlowerPot. It's not the case that I want to get any money for my own stuff, but I don't like it when 380 freeware programs are sold for more than a minimal copy fee. Of course, it's a lot of work to preinstall and configure such a distribution, but somebody who is starting a project like AmiKit X should know that it will always remain a freeware collection which is based on the work of many other people and should not be sold. But that's only my personal opinion.

I can't see much freeware in Amiga Forever except for WinUAE, and there might be an agreement with Toni Wilen, I don't know. I would never care about games and demos, just uninteresting for me.

If I had a Mac I would download FS-UAE, as Minuous suggested, and then build up my own system with all what I need and without all the other wasted GBs in these preinstalled distros.

Last edited by PeterK; 06 December 2017 at 20:57.

Page generated in 0.04291 seconds with 11 queries