View Single Post
Old 02 November 2016, 23:37   #87
Zak
Zap´em

Thank you for the Serie A update, I know it´s hard work. I don´t like to make up to date teams, I stay in 1992-93. Lolafg made a Premier League 2014 update, with not much resonance. And after only one year it´s old!

The Goal! trainer works under Amiga OS, I don´t know the requirements, I use it under Kickstart/Workbench 3.
It´s a bit silly to use, so you need a lot of time when you want to have precise results.

The ddfs (Dino Dini File System) works under the MS-DOS shell under Windows 10 with the use of ADF images. I used it to patch the first game disk with new lineups.
The lineups in original Goal! are all messed up, for example the playmaker plays in defense, the left back plays up front and so on; everything is mixed up. I wanted to change that which is hard, there are unknown players or players who can play multiple positions. Hard to understand how it was meant. I want to keep the original lineups, but with the players in the correct positions. All lineups make sense, but the players are swapped! (Edit: I work on all leagues available in Goal!, not just the European teams on the starting screen.)
I also used the ddfs to add a corrected German language file.

The tactics editor works under Windows, don´t know which version. I don´t use it regularly. I used it under Windows XP to correct the 4-3-3. The centre forward and the left winger are swapped in original 4-3-3. I changed that and also changed some obvious errors in the other tactics (while keeping the tactics as original as possible). Unfortunately you can´t use more than 4 tactics, so creating new tactics does not make sense.

I added a data disk to my GOALnew project to add lineups from real life, since the original Goal! lineups are not from real life. Again very difficult. 1992-93 is before the Internet was a big thing. I find it difficult to find information online. (Edit: I don´t update the teams, I want a 1992-93 version.)

Last edited by Zak; 02 November 2016 at 23:47.

Page generated in 0.04670 seconds with 11 queries