Thread: AmiSaber
View Single Post
Old 03 May 2020, 00:46   #20
gyagyagyerek
DIY

random thoughts..

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
That’s awesome! Thank you very much for these improvements!!!
It‘s now playable on my A4000/060 and I like the different backgrounds and effects.
Are there any plans to make the sword-sound louder to get a better signal when you hit an item? And can we hope for an AGA-version build with AMOS_AGA that was released some days ago?
Last but not least I still hope for 3D-support (e.g. i-glasses). That would be really cool.
Thank you for that game. I love it!
I-Glasses are (based on the infos around the internet) not complicated at all, but making a game suitable for that could be challenging. It certenly needs testing, etc... (It would be mutch easyer if WinUAE had an emulation for HTC-VIVE or OCULUS ) We don't own any Headset. I know You have one , but how many others could have one too?

The base gameplay of BeatSaber is very simple, but suprisingly enjoable. Making an unofficial port on Amiga was an experiment as we described in the main thread. Making a more 1:1 clone from an existing (and copyrighted) game can easily take a wrong turn. Luckily doing it on a retro computer probably won't draw too much attencion, possibly even free advertising but we don't want to experimenting on that (see c64Mario for example).

If you see into the source code, you see, that the boxes are not really positioned in a 3D space. It was simpler and faster to do this that way. AMOS is a cool language but it is very slow, particulary in 3D. There could be a lot of boxes on the sereen + background + sabers + effects (maybe) at once..

Theoretically it is very possible to do this on a faster amiga, but it certenly need somebody with better understandment in assembly language (and 3D). We allways attached the sourcecodes to our projects. If someone interested to take the game into the next level (the third dimension or VR) than i think this source is a good starting point.

Please don't get me wrong! We also want to see to work that on an Amiga in VR, but we also don't want lawyers to knocking at our doors!

Page generated in 0.06380 seconds with 11 queries