View Single Post
Old 21 October 2016, 19:38   #320
eXeler0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratteler View Post
Awesome. I still hope they figure out how to crowbar that GPU in there too for 3D stuff.

Has there been any talk of alternative cores of the Vampires? I mean when the Amiga 68K is bug free of course.

It would be very cool to load alternative cores like 486, Atari. or Apple ][gs. Something like a Myst or FPGArcade, but using the Amiga for simple I/O.

I'm probably pipe dreaming... but no harm in asking. Right?
I think a proper 3d GPU is pretty low on the priority list and I bet we won't see it in the next few years (or ever).
If they had implemented SSE or 3dNow instead of MMX it would have been useful for some 3d acceleration.
Its possible SSE will be done at some point. To be useful, someone would probably have to optimize WAZP (software implementation of Warp3d) to make use of SSE.
As you probably know, not a whole lot of software makes use of 3d GPUs on 68k Amiga ;-)

Regarding various cores, there's a discussion about making an Atari version of Vampire, but Gunnar made it clear its not a priority to start making custom cores for say Atari. If it works or it only requires small fixes it will be done, otherwise not.
486 cores are likely not on the to-do list at all even though I could personally find it "interesting" too. ;-)

Skickat från min LG-H850 via Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.05564 seconds with 11 queries