View Single Post
Old 27 January 2020, 04:03   #1
ahandyman59

Setting Up A2000 CF Hard Drive

I've been screwing around with real amigas since my first A1000 with kickstart 1.2 when it was bleeding edge tech. I have settled on to A2000s as my preferred amiga platform. I have 4 of them now and am working on converting over to compact flash drives instead of SCSI harddrives. I have been able to set up and format 4gb compact flash cards and get the systems to boot off them. This is handy, but a while back I purchased a compact flash ide adapter and 4gb compact flash card that came preloaded with a huge array of games, exactly what I wanted. I inadvertently overwrote it when I attempted to duplicate it (on a windows 10 PC).

The actual hardware I am using is A2000 with 1mb agnus 4 to 8mb ram in each machine, 3.1 kickstart roms, Buddha ide adapters with 4gb compact flash cards.

The disk image came with an an interesting setup mechanism of several folders in numeric order where you had different tasks to do in each one, before the compact flash was set up completely. Does that kind of disk image sound familiar to anyone? The net result was a system that had hundreds of games on it ready to play. I have tried amikit, but it fails to configure correctly. It seems aimed at a1200 hardware. I have tried using amigakit/winuae to configure those for A2000 hardware, but all I have been able to do with them is get the basic workbench set up. I'm looking for instructions to set up an image that is preconfigured with tons of games and other utilities. I have searched the web for amiga hard drive images, but am not finding anything that works in an a2000. That original image I accidently overwrote would have been perfect, but it's gone and I don't know who I got it from. Does anyone have any idea of any a2000 compatible CF images that are loaded with bunches of games?

Page generated in 0.04366 seconds with 11 queries