View Single Post
Old 19 July 2018, 18:56   #37
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by ross View Post
Back to Lionheart's example: it has a hell of copper list (dynamic, synced, even a little illegal, full of tricks).
To satisfy my need for perfection I did a complete (insane..) re-sourcing of the code.
And from here i've fixed all BPLCON1 (OCS) illegal usage (distibuted in variuos code, tables, copper snippet..) that make all sort of glitches on AGA machines.. not even visible to an untrained eye.

[Well, actually i've optimized MANY other thinghs (this is only a little fraction), but I do not even know if I will eventually get something finished out of it, as I often do..]
You should consider creating a new thread about your changes!

I have been harping for quite a while about how there is likely room for optimization in most commercial Amiga games because: they were built under time pressure, profiling and debugging tools were usually very primitive (especially compared with modern ones like VTune) and oftentimes teams included coders which were not necessarily super experienced.

So I would be super interested in which kinds of avenues for optimization and rework you found in LionHeart.

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 11 queries