View Single Post
Old 05 February 2019, 20:18   #82
guest.r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Any chance that you could add the Sony WEGA mask from their flat CRT TV series? Looks pretty nice too. (as always: a second click to enlarge). Shader file attached.
The Analog shader pack brings me in a good mood everytime i look up the presets. Unfortunately the mask is calculated by stacking four crt shaders with their masks on as it seems. May look good, but hard to reproduce with a single shader.

@Dr. Venom
Quote:
For me mask 5 is the best out of the 2, personally I think mask 6 has unrealistically high spacing between the darker dots when I make a comparison between shader on 15" laptop LCD and my 14" Trinitron.
Yeah it requires a special taste/preference to use it below a 1440p display. It gets better with larger resolutions i think. Unfortunately it's the only way to reproduce some mask effects. I tried combining a width-2 and width-3 mask in the same setup, but glitchess happen. It's definitely on my TODO list to invent a shader mask which is accurate and dense at the same time...

which bring us to mask no. 5. I made it far brighter, passed my "suite" test it seems without gamma corrections, so it should be ok in general.

Quote:
Is there a chance you could create a middle ground between Mask 0 and Mask 5?
Mask 5 is related with Lottes maskDark/Bright parameters, so altering those might help a bit.

To sum up the changes, i concentrated to improve mask 5 a bit and brightness should be better now. Alternate scanlines 2 are also tad brighter.

Quote:
Or another great option would be if the dot spacing for the single color dots (the level 2 and 3 dots as per previous post) could be made user configurable, it would be a great way to accommodate for the different types of users' screen sizes, resolutions and preferred simulated dot pitch.
As i look up to some shaders, i see some efforts to bring the 1080p mask look to 4k, but it's much harder the other way around, unfortunately.
Yeah, it's 2 or 3 dots, smart mask which does something like **-**-**-** for middle values is possible, but far from trivial. I'll keep my eyes/mind open.
Attached Files
File Type: zip crt-guest-dr-venom.zip (4.2 KB, 128 views)

Page generated in 0.04730 seconds with 12 queries