View Single Post
Old 18 September 2007, 22:08   #6
douglasamcintos

Working, eventually.

Well got my CF adapter today.

The Microdrive: as I stated I got a cheap microdrive off ebay. Worked very well with winuae as a hard drive in a usb adapter. After deleting all the partitions and getting the latest beta of winuae. Set it all up and had a wonderful workbench running very well in winuae.

Opened up the miggy. Took out old hard drive. Inserted the microdrive. Turned on, got very excited, nothing happened. A message telling me to insert my floppy. Hard drive did not show up on workbench. Used HD Toolbox. Drive showed up. Formatted it. Installed a minimal workbench. Rebooted nothing. Repeated several variations of the above nothing worked. Even tried reinstalling via winuae and trying from scratch again. Nothing whatsoever.

Rummaged around my box of stuff. Found a 2gig CF card in my camera.

CF Card: Slotted into miggy. Booted. Not a correct drive error message. Formatted and partitioned it. Took it out. Went into winuae and set it all up their. Using the 0x01ff... max transfer rate. Chucked a bunch of whdload games on it. Slotted back into miggy. Booted.

Worked wonderfully. (I also briefly tried with a cheap no name CF card, would not work, told me it was not a hard disk when I detected settings) Seems to be a bit delicate if I do not give it time to fully open up new folders/ drawers, and gives me a disk busy suspend/reboot error. Then hangs. Nothing a bit of patience does not solve.

I noticed with the CF card adapter there was a flashing red light when the card was being used. The flashing red light never showed up when trying the microdrive. (Though oddly enough the microdrive did boot up after a reboot command from workbench, though not from a cold start) I suspect there may not have been quite enough power to run the microdrive. When I tried it in my camera, as a replacement for the 2 gig CF, it told me it could not use the drive. But it works fine in a usb thingy.

So there you go. Got it all running. Excellent set of programmes on the Workbench Classic Bloodwych Time to relive all the memories I don't have because I have never owned an Amiga before

Thanks for all the help and advice from all around the forums.

Douglas

Page generated in 0.07745 seconds with 11 queries