View Single Post
Old 13 October 2016, 10:07   #19
Sinphaltimus

Lastly, this might be a moot point now. I got my Super Denise and installed it, decided to put the system back together and see if my VGA adaptor works but I was met with an unpleasant surprise. My GVP impact series II is reporting a multitude of "gvpscsi.device unexpected status" errors and refuses to boot.

I already searched this like crazy and nothing I found helps because it all has to do with SCSI termination and bad cables. But by board does this with nothing connected to it as well. Once SCSI device, 4 SCSI devices, No SCSI devices, all the same thing.

The only difference is the memory slots were removed. (the jumpers are correct for 0MB). I don't know if that would cause this but I don't think so. it doesn't make sense.

So without a hard disk controller this project and my Amiga are dead in the water.

I would need a replacement SCSI controller or other solution (CF anyone) - however, those items seem impossible to find for the A500 at a reasonable price.

I'll check back once in a while but my short lived reintroduction to Amiga life has just hit a brick wall I'm not sure I'm ready to do anything about. Seriously considering selling everything that works at this point.

I put the OCS Denise back just in case and same issue.

I might box it up until such a time as I can acquire an eprom burner and I'll try putting the last firmware update on it see if that fixes anything as a last ditch effort before throwing in the towel.

In case any of you trouble shooter feel like giving it a go, it's an imapact series 200 A500HD+ rev6

Page generated in 0.07080 seconds with 11 queries