View Single Post
Old 12 September 2011, 08:19   #1
DonutKing

Spectre party demo/Phenomena

Hi

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but I'm very much a rookie when it comes to amiga stuff... I'm pretty late to the game having only just picked up a second hand Amiga 1200 and 500 a month or so ago but I've enjoyed getting it up and running again and seeing what this thing can do

I'm trying to run this demo
http://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=54337
(the download is an amiga executable file)

But on both machines I get strange vertical artifacts on the scrolling text- blue bars that extend from the text off the top of the screen. Kinda like puppet strings controlling the text. As you can see from the screenshot this isn't supposed to happen.

Yet in WinUAE with the same RAM and kickstart versions as my real Amigas it works perfectly. I've tried all sorts of settings and haven't been able to replicate the graphical artifacts in WinUAE.

Any ideas how I can make this work on a real system?
I see the comment there about dodgy code, but the demo is from 1989 so surely it must have worked on a real amiga at some point...?

This isn't a real problem or anything, I'm mainly just curious if there's any tricks I can try to make finicky stuff like this work... plus I like the demo

Thanks

Page generated in 0.07907 seconds with 11 queries