View Single Post
Old 29 September 2018, 21:06   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Note that I'm not taking over RNC exception handler, which probably overwrites vector at zero page. But installed game probably does. The issue is that if the files are small / file access is very small, this is going to take forever to load...
Ah, so then it is probably best to add your own custom exception 2 handler that checks akiko (intreq AND intena) and if any DMA related bit (25-28) is set -> redirect it to RNC exception handler, if PIO bits (29,30, 30 isn't used by maybe in future versions so better check it already) -> CD audio. This should make it much more reliable and easier to handle.

Wait 0.5s or so before switching between loading and CD audio (switching = modifying intena bits)

Quote:
Is there a way I can reproduce it on some WinUAE? where to get a debug build?
I think I can "force" it to happen more easier by delaying CD replies a bit more. Real hardware runs code in CD mcu that does message handling with unknown timing.

EDIT: No, I couldn't manage to duplicate it with larger delays. I guess there must be some possibly very small timing window where exception 2 has been moved but akiko intena dma bits are still enabled. It may be as small as few instructions in worst case..

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 29 September 2018 at 21:30.

Page generated in 0.07658 seconds with 11 queries